Monday, September 24, 2007

The first post is the deepest

I have worked in the corporate world ever since graduating from high school over 20 years ago (1986). For the past nine years I have worked in the banking industry. The pay and the benefits are great, but it just seems that the more I work the more I want to get out.

I have made several meager attempts, over the years, to exit the corporate world. Listed below are some of different things that I have tried.

  • Network Marketing
  • Online Network Marketing
  • Yahoo Stores
  • Drop Shipping
  • Travel Websites
  • Domain parking
  • Website building
  • Google Adsense

I have been tinkering around with domain parking, website building and incorporating Google Adsense into these web sites.

I starter with domain parking in May 2007. I have had very little success in this area . I bought 14 domain names and parked them on www.sedo.com.

  1. www.cleptestbooks.com
  2. www.brazilflipflops.com
  3. www.eyecreasesurgery.com
  4. www.vegasstylevideopoker.com
  5. www.weddingsilver.com
  6. www.neddypot.com
  7. www.expiredparking.com
  8. www.fioricetdirect.com
  9. www.flipphonecamera.com
  10. www.georgia-beaches.com
  11. www.nofeesbank.com
  12. www.redsnappercharters.com
  13. www.sugarfreecereal.com
  14. www.chapterthirteenlawyer.com

Monthly income from these parked sites breaks down as follows:

  • May 2007 - $0.08
  • June 2007 - $2.27
  • July 2007 - $2.01
  • August 2007 - $2.82

Beginning in September 2007, I started turning some of thse domains into websites. I signed up with www.1and1.com for domain hosting and started developing some of these sites. So far

www.cleptestbooks.com

www.charterthirteenlawyer.com

www.fioricetdirect.com

www.neddypot.com

have been developed. I am not real happy with the layout of any of these. But at least its a start.

No comments: