Saturday, October 6, 2007

Choosing Domain Name - Eye Crease Surgery

EyeCreaseSurgery.com is one of my domains. I bought this domain for the sole purpose of domain parking.

What is domain parking?

Domain parking is where you can make money from a domain that you own but have not created a website for. So, instead of just owning the name and not doing anything with it you can park it. I park my domains at sedo.com.

How does domain parking work?

When you park a domain, the host of the parking site will aut0matically create a web page for that domain name. This web page will contain advertising links specific to keywords for that site. If someone goes to your domain name and clicks on one of the links you will earn some money.

Back to EyeCreaseSurgery.com.

Why did I pick this domain name?

Well, I justed happened to be watching TV one day, a very popular daytime show that starts with "O". An Asian guest on this show was talking about eye crease surgery. The purpose of the surgery is to surgically create an eye crease in the eyelid, which most Asains do not have. The technical name of the procedure is called blepharoplasty.

Okay, so I jumped onto the internet and went to sedo.com. I did a quick search and found that the domain was available. I also did a key word search of eye crease surgery on Google. This revealed that there were over 500,000 websites with these keywords.

I decided that this would probably be a good domain to own. So I purchase the name and parked in on sedo.com.

Here is the current google search for keywords eye crease surgery:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=eye+crease+surgery

EyeCreaseSurgery.com is currently a PR1 in the third position.

I am working on getting this site to the first position. That is why I have linked to that site several times in this post. Keep this in mind if or when you get into the domain name business.

2 comments:

Ramz said...

Random acts strikes again. Looks like I really messed the page ranking for this site. Now, if I do a key word search on " eye crease surgery" www.eyecreasesurgery.com is nolonger even ranked.

I changed the page template on sedo.com for this site. So, that must have caused Google to rank it differently.

I put the old template back in place. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when Google reindexes this page will be ranked again.

Word to the wise. Once you have a site that is PR1 ranked don't mess with it.

Ramz said...

The SERP for EyeCreaseSurgery.com is back to page 1 position 4 for keywords "eye crease surgery".

Looks like by putting everything back the way it was before helped.

As I have said before, be careful when changing around you sites, especially when you have a high SERP for you targetted keywords